In an era when businesses and individuals alike are bombarded with complex legal matters and confusing bureaucratic regulations, Adrian L. Barton, is an experienced and award-winning attorney who is helping clients through the legal quagmire.
With impeccable academic credentials and 21 years experience with top law firms in both California and Arizona, Ms. Barton is now in business for herself, concentrating on Business Litigation and Employment Law. The “Obamacare” health care plan, which has created many questions but few simple answers, is also among her areas of practice.
Equally important, she is fair, approachable and trustworthy – traits that are critical for clients whose business savvy may not translate to such legally complex matters as shareholder disputes, employment discrimination, and Obamacare (Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care) issues.
She is a three-time recipient of the Ilene and Michael Shaw Public Service Award – the Federal Bar Association’s most prestigious national public service award. Among other things, she is listed in Latino American Who’s Who and has been selected for AzBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers List.
Respected for developing innovative and effective strategy in challenging cases, Ms. Barton has years of litigation experience with one of the top law firms in the world, Morrison Foerster, and at one of California’s largest minority-owned firms, Alvarado Smith.
Before starting her own private practice, she was an equity shareholder at Sacks Tierney, P.A., in Scottsdale, where she successfully represented clients in non-compete agreements and breach of contract disputes. She is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Arizona and California, and also has represented clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Please contact her today to discuss your legal matter. You will get clear, concise and straightforward answers to your questions.
- Complex Civil Litigation: Ms. Barton represents clients in state and federal court regarding a variety of complex business issues. To qualify as complex litigation, the litigation must involve multiple parties, large amounts of money, lengthy trial or complex legal issues.
- Business Litigation: Ms. Barton represents clients in state and federal court regarding a variety of business disputes, including breach of contract, regulatory requirement disputes/penalties, and breach of fiduciary duty disputes.
- Employment Law (including Obamacare) Counsel and Consultation: Ms. Barton covers all aspects of employer and employee relationships except the negotiation process covered by labor law and collective bargaining (unions).
- Appeals: This involves appealing to a higher court for a reversal of the decision of a lower court, or to defend the decision of a lower court.
- State Bar of Arizona: Young Lawyers Division, Disaster Plan Committee
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Scottsdale Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County: Board of Directors, 2005-2006
- Orange County Bar Association
- Ilene and Michael Shaw Younger Lawyer Public Service Award, Federal Bar Association
- The Latino American Who’s Who, 2014 edition
- Top Lawyers List (Employment/Labor), AzBusiness Magazine, 2013
- State Bar of Arizona, 2008
- Tohono O’odham Justice Court, 2007
- State Bar of California, 1998
- All Arizona State and Federal Courts
- All California State and Federal Courts
- www.RAINN.org Speakers Bureau: Member, 2013-present
- Wesley Community Center Board of Directors: Member, 2010-present
- Office of Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa, City of Los Angeles: Policy Director of Homeland Security and Public Safety,2005-2007
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business Office of Executive Education, Certificate – Mayor’s Leadership Learning Series Office of Homeland Security and Public Safety, 2006
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center – Enhanced All-Hazards Incident Management/Unified Command Course – 2005
- Arizona State University, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, Willard H. Pedrick Scholar, 1998
- Arizona State University, B.S., Marketing, magna cum laude, 1995
- “How Can My Company Comply with the Affordable Care Act Without Going Broke? Healthcare Reform Compliance for the Construction Industry” (presenter), Arizona Builders’ Alliance, 2013
- “The Affordable Care Act: Things to Know for 2011”
- “Prepare Now for the Obamacare Employer Mandate: 2014 Liability to Be Based on 2013 Data”
- “Obamacare Update: Employer Mandate Pushed Back to 2015”
- “Employers, Large or Small: Obamacare Requires Action by October 1”